Oakley SI Gascan, Mil Spec + Description
Daniel Defense has partnered with Oakley, another best-in-class designer/manufacturer, to provide our customers with the most durable, most fashionable, and most mission-critical eyewear/eye protection possible. The SI Gascan comes coated in Daniel Defense’s attractive and protective Mil Spec + Cerakote finish and features a small DD logo laser etched into the corner of its black iridium lens and Picatinny rails etched into the iconic Oakley O logos on the temples for a completely custom look. Everything else is pure Oakley. Two lenses are cut from the curve of a single lens shield and then mounted in the frame to maintain the original, continuous contour. Lightweight O Matter frame material offers premium comfort while peripheral vision is maximized by XYZ Optics, an innovation that maintains visual clarity at all angles of view. Impact protection meets ANSI Z87.1 standards, and Oakley’s Three-Point Fit retains the lenses in precise optical alignment.
– Plutonite Lens: One of the most optically pure materials used in eyewear today, it maximizes clarity and impact resistance while filtering out 100% of all UVA, UVB, UVC and harmful blue light up to 400nm. Not a coating, the UV protection is from the lens material itself.
– High Definition Optics: High Definition Optics (HDO) is a collection of patented technologies that allow Oakley eyewear to meet or exceed the testing standards of the American National Standards Institute for optical clarity, visual fidelity, and impact resistance.
– Impact Protection: Backed by decades of innovation, Oakley performance eyewear offers uncompromising protection against high-velocity and high-mass impact. The protection is a benefit of the premium materials and unique architectures of Oakley lens/frame combinations.
– UV Protection: – Eye damage attributed to ultraviolet light includes cataracts, pterygium and macular degeneration. Our Plutonite lens material filters out 100% of all UVA, UVB, UVC and harmful blue light up to 400nm. The protection is from the lens material itself.
– O-Matter: A stress-resistant frame material that withstands environmental extremes, it is lightweight yet highly durable. Controlled flexibility enhances impact resistance while contributing to the all-day comfort of frames made with this innovative synthetic.